Our Top 7 Highlights, Headlines and Heartaches of 2019!
At TWI we have been reviewing our 2019 highlights. From marketing masterpieces to some questionable punches. Here are our top 7 choices.
1. Move over John Lewis. Sky just won Christmas because there wasn’t a dry eye in the TWI office after their Christmas advert release. The story? Elliott, now all grown up with kids of his own gets to hang out with everyone’s favourite 80’s icon E.T. Well done Sky- you truly pulled a Christmas cracker with this one. We’re confident there’s not a PR company on the planet that doesn’t wish they’d come up with this classic heart-warming festive gem.
2. This year saw the UK thrown off the Brexit bus and onto the Election train. The country has been in a state of political chaos since Mrs May’s departure, and subsequent general election on Thursday 12th December, where the biggest turnout in decades is expected. The race is on for the UK’s hottest job and the decision about red or blue baubles on the Downing Street Christmas tree this year is still to be decided. These things don’t just happen though, there are teams of strategists, PR people, marketing departments ensuring their party candidates catch the attention of the Country. Branding is the key word for the 2019 Elections.
3. What a punch-throwing year for British sports too, with some of the country’s best sporting personalities at the top of their game, ringing those bells, including Anthony Joshua who smashed it earlier this month against his rival Andy Ruiz, earning him over £8.3million in endorsements and sponsorship deals with a little help from his 23-person strong entourage including one very tired, but proud Marketing Magician.
4. Now, with 2019 drawing to a close, it’s time to give just a few of the TWI family of clients the recognition they deserve too. The Colchester Business Enterprise Agency (COLBEA) were named Enterprise Support Organisation of the Year at the 2019 National Enterprise Network Awards. Host Nick Pandolfi named the winners at the ceremony, held at Canary Wharf, courtesy of headline sponsors Barclays. Leading names from the enterprise sector were brought together at the event, which led well into the evening.
5. A team from Tube Tech International Ltd. joined the UK’s top business leaders at the Institute of Directors (IoD) 2019 UK Director of the Year award finals. Jon Camp, Tube Tech’s managing director was shortlisted for both the International UK Director of the Year and the Chairman’s award after winning the International Director of the Year and the Chairman’s award at the IoD East of England awards ceremony in June. Although he didn’t win the national title, we proudly saw Jon and Tube Tech recognised for excellence in leadership alongside outstanding competition from across the UK. Jon also earned global oil & gas industry recognition in 2019, making the shortlist for the 2019 Hydrocarbon Processing Awards in the ‘Executive of the Year’ category.
6. ‘Make mine a treble!’ were the cheers from Ely based company PA Answer, who were simply delighted to be named finalists for no less than three Business Awards this year. They’re a company to watch out for in 2020, doing great things.
7. Citipost Mail have got 2019 in the bag with their Deputy Managing Director, Lesley Yeomans judging the prestigious DMA awards. They were also recognised in the 2019 Independent Publisher Awards for ‘Industry Partner of the Year’, and the Personnel Today Awards for ‘Employee Engagement’. Citipost Mail also launched with a new brand and website this year – check it out.