Sharing Our Anniversary: This Time 10 Years Ago…
This year marks the 10th anniversary of The Write Impression LLP and we are proud to have spent the last decade building a reputation as a trusted leading communications and digital marketing agency, partner to clients as far as the UAE and USA.
What a milestone!
To celebrate this milestone, we have designed a new website and given our brand a makeover, so it best represents our company and our marketing approach. We also sat down after a long day in the office (with a cup of tea and slice of cake) to reminisce over the last 10 years, discussing the highs and the lows of our achievements as a company and memories as good friends.
I challenged the team to try and remember significant events of 2008, what else was going on in the world at the same time The Write Impression opened its doors?
2008 was the year that Barack Obama was elected president of the United States – the very first African-American president, a huge milestone in American history. We also couldn’t forget the recession of 2007/2008 which had a massive impact on businesses all over the world and saw the end of the legendary Woolworths. It was a difficult time for a smaller company like TWI to open, however, our team of enthusiastic professionals were keen to succeed and helped many clients to experience the value of PR, driving their business through challenging times.
We then headed to trusty Google to jog our memory on other interesting/ sad/ funny events that occurred in 2008 and we are lucky enough to share our 10-year anniversary with.
Here’s what we found:
- Prince Harry completed a 4-month tour in Afghanistan (he really didn’t want to return home but there was a big concern for his safety)
- Boris Johnson became Mayor of London (and went on to hold this position for 8 years)
- The UK won 41 Medals in the Beijing Olympics
- Britney Spears went to rehab after a series of breakdowns (after shaving off her hair and attacking a paparazzo’s car with an umbrella)
- Karen Matthews went on trial for the kidnap of her own daughter Shannon (the search for Shannon lasted 24 days and cost £3.2 million)
- Colleen & Wayne Rooney got married (Wayne was then caught cheating only a year later)
- Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand were suspended over a prank call on the BBC (likely to be a PR stunt that went terribly wrong!)
- Heath Ledger dies after playing one of his biggest roles in the Batman film – The Dark Knight
- A huge fire destroyed the Grand Pier at Weston-Super-Mare
- Michael Jackson celebrated his 50th Birthday (sadly passing away the following year)
Unlike 2008 Britney, TWI is stronger than ever and looks forward to the year ahead. We are working on exciting projects with fantastic clients who we want to thank for being part of our company’s success over the last 10 years.
We promise to continually deliver creativity, innovation, quality and of course, those all-important results!